Getting Your Home Ready for the Seasons
Here in Louisiana, we rarely see weather cold enough to warrant the heater. While it can get chilly, you may not always think about turning on the heat this winter. However, that shouldn’t mean that you neglect your furnace. Scheduling inspections and repairs now, while the weather is still tolerable, will ensure that your entire system is working at its best when the weather does take a turn for the worse. To learn more about HVAC maintenance in Norco and New Orleans, LA, look no further than Cajun Comfort. We can help you with all your repair needs. Dial 985-764-8191 to get started.
Preventative HVAC Maintenance and More
A phrase many homeowners may not have heard of is preventative HVAC maintenance. What is preventative HVAC maintenance? This is the idea that you are servicing your system before any major problem. This is service is about maintaining your system while it is still in good condition before major repairs are needed. Why would you need this? Good question.
Taking care of your appliances while they are correctly operating is much easier, and safer to do than doing it when the appliance may be faulty. What that means is, you’ll find you are actually spending less money on inspections and maintenance than you would be if you waited until the whole thing just stopped working.
Though it rarely gets that cold down here, it’s still never a bad idea to schedule heating services in New Orleans, LA. Taking care of the whole system will ensure that everything works the way that it should, when it should. At this point, you may be wondering what happens during HVAC maintenance since it’s so important.
During the process, a technician will go over every aspect of the heating, air conditioning, and ventilation. They will examine areas of concern to ensure that nothing is damaged or problematic. After everything has been examined, the technician will provide a detailed report of their findings, including repair needs and estimates, issues, concerns, and more.
Benefits of HVAC Maintenance
Is HVAC maintenance necessary? Yes, there are a whole host of advantages to caring for and maintaining your HVAC system. To answer the question, though, yes HVAC maintenance is necessary and important. Doing so will allow your system to operate efficiently as well as ensure it is always safe and in good condition.
- Energy Saving: Keeping up with regular maintenance and repairs will help your whole system to operate more efficiently. This means it will be able to produce the same results, hot or cold air, without expending or using more energy than is necessary. In doing so, you’ll notice a significant decrease in your energy bills.
- Avoid Unnecessary Repairs: Regular and even preventative maintenance will not eliminate the need for repairs, but it will help to reduce that need. When you stay on top of problems or just potential problems, you’ll find yourself spending less money and time trying to repair your system.
- Safety: With consistent servicing, you’re whole home will be safer and healthier for you to live in. This is especially true if you have a gas-powered furnace. Problems with your gas lines can result in serious issues for both your home and your health. During the maintenance procedure, filters are also changed, helping to improve and maintain the air quality.
- Extended Life: Believe it or not, but taking care of your system over the years will help it to last longer. Most HVAC systems have a lifespan between 15-20 years, but fail long before that because of a lack of maintenance.
Taking care of your HVAC system can be equated to taking care of your roof. When you schedule routine inspections and residential roof repair, you are making a point to maintain the structure. The same is true with your heating and cooling system. Rather than trying to figure out how to do HVAC maintenance on your own, rely on the experts at Cajun Comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is HVAC maintenance?
- This is an annual process of inspection and examination. A technician will come out to your property to take a look at every aspect of your heating, air conditioning, and ventilation system to ensure that everything is working efficiently.
- How often should HVAC be maintenance?
- At minimum, your heating and air conditioning system should be serviced once a year. Generally, service and maintenance calls are scheduled in the spring or in the fall. If you can have maintenance done twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, you’ll be doing even better.
- Are HVAC maintenance plans worth it?
- Yes, maintenance plans are a great investment for both residential and commercial HVAC systems. With a plan, you’ll be participating in something known as preventative HVAC maintenance which will help ensure your system is always in good condition.
- Does HVAC need maintenance?
- The short answer: yes. Your heater and air conditioning systems are high-demand, high-maintenance appliances. Because of this, they require a significant amount of attention and maintenance to effectively operate throughout the year.
- How much does it cost for HVAC maintenance?
- Generally speaking, the cost will vary depending on the state of your HVAC system, call-out fees, pricing, and more. That being said, the cost of HVAC maintenance can range from $50 to $140 or more. You can discuss this with your technician.
Schedule Your Appointment With Us Now
Connect with Cajun Comfort today about HVAC maintenance in Norco and New Orleans, LA. Call us at 985-764-8191 to get started.